Thursday, September 9, 2010

End of Year Banquet Info

Hi everyone:
It's a beautiful day where are you all? Just kidding. Back to school and back into the work routine makes it very quiet at Maskwa, but it also gives me time to plan for our upcoming end of year Maskwa Banquet. This event is a lot of fun and a large part of that fun is tapping into that Maskwa family spirit. The event is Thursday, Sept 23 starting at 6:30pm and it's being held at Maskwa. And yes I know it's Rockingham Elementary School's curriculum night but since all that info is on the HRSB website and available from the teachers, I figure I can miss that without feeling guilty and attend the end of year banquet.

Anyway, I am counting on people's support. As in past years we are asking all families to bring either a hot dish like a cooked ham, chicken, casserole, salad or dessert. Please keep in mine if you are a large family, like my own with six in total, making two dishes would be greatly appreciated. In my case I normally cook up a ham and bring along a large salad, and a dozen rolls, just because I always worry there might not be enough food for all. We also need people to bring buns, bread, etc.

As in past years we're asking for you all to bring your own dishes, cutlery, napkins and drinks. I'm working on the liquor license so that will be a nice treat.

I am hoping people will read this and fire off an email to me to RSVP and let me know what they are bringing. Please email me at manager.maskwa@gmail.com. It's very exciting that we're hosting our first end of year banquet at our new club.