Friday, June 25, 2010

Week Two Is Shaping Up Great

Week two and it just gets better. First off I have to say hiring Frances Clark, our Custodian, has been great. She's working like mad to ensure the place is sparkling clean for our Orientation tomorrow at 11am-1pm, she's even learned how to plant and water plants thanks to Janice MacKinnon, who bless her has taken on the role as head volunteer gardener. It really is the little things that matter, like those beautiful plants Janice has taken the time to plant and tend.

Many of you that know me realize I'm always thinking of fun ways to generate revenue and I've come up with a few, but like all things I will need your support.

I'd love to hold a Thursday Fright Night (scary movie night at the lake): Scream at the Lake - of course we'd sell tickets for $10 and offer pizza and popcorn and drinks. Still working on the timing but thought 7pm-9pm.

And for us moms - how about a Pedicure Day - or Spa day at the beach. We did this event for my local writers group and it was such fun (not sure it was the best pedicure but it certainly made us ladies laugh). This would require people who might have pedicure stuff - see I don't even know what that is. But again it would be run by volunteers and a fun event for us busy moms - just think for $10 you get a pedicure at the beach.

My wish list is growing:
Honestly I need some kid friendly game, a foose ball table would be perfect, deck of cards, some craft items for the younger kids, even a smaller child-friendly table for the little ones (I've got one I'm donating I just have to get my five year-old to agree to it), even books for those rainy days.

Please feel free to drop items off at the club or call me at 443-0178 to arrange pick-up. I can't wait to meet many of you soon on the beach.