Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Outdoor rink on Kearney Lake - sort of now covered in snow

It's a blistering, wintery day here at Maskwa this morning. I have to say that yesterday I enjoyed watching Sarah Kendall with her children, Robin and Stephanie and I think another friend tagged along, as they shoveled off a part of Kearney Lake for skating. I'm sure Ben wished he could have been there but alas he's enjoying the hot weather of Florida for his paddling training - and we wish him and all the paddlers the best. I meant to yell out to Sarah to pop in for some hot chocolate but found my head buried in grant applications. Sarah do bang on the door next time and I promise hot chocolate for you and the crew - I always keep some on hand in the canteen. I should also let Sarah know that the snow has almost reclaimed all her hard work. It is unbelievably windy up here but hopefully later in the week we'll get rain to wash away the fine powder of snow on the make-shift outdoor skating rink.

It was nice to see our new paddling coach, Jordan, he's actually not so new anymore as he's been with us since September, but this morning he was giving Brian Dugie a work out. Dan popped in to say hi which was nice - can you tell I don't get many visitors -lol.

If anyone would like to pop into the club for track suit sizing please email me at manager.maskwa@gmail.com. I plan to put our first order in by next Friday.

So on that note, I have to brave the elements once more and clear off my van. I soo can't wait for summer.

PS - One of Maskwa's own - Alex Scott, is competing on the NS Judo team for the Canada Games and tonight he's on the Rick Mercer show....I've been told he's actually going to beat up Rick - that I have to see! Way to go Alex! We are so very proud of you.