Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Gift for Maskwa

What a wonderful way to begin my Maskwa morning. I was unloading books my girlfriend donated to Maskwa when up pulls a van I can't place. Turns out it was Trudy Needler, a member of our board, with a great gift for Maskwa the children/teens will love. It's a brand new fooseball table. It looks amazing. For now, I'm going to keep it in its box until the summer season begins because I have a few rentals who have asked for us to remove all the items in Heritage Hall. I can't wait for the children to see this. For those rainy days, we now have an air hockey table, ping-pong and a brand new soccer fooseball table. I will have to think about how we're going to configure Heritage Hall in the summer but I'm sure we can do it.

This morning I also realized only four more months to go until our new 2011 paddling/swimming season! I can't wait. This is the time of year I start to really hate the cold and looking out my office window at banks of snow does not help. Four months is not long. In that time frame I will be working on our 2nd Maskwa Newsletter, a new Maskwa 2011 flyer, a new rental brochure and of course getting my head wrapped around any new programs.

Okay, I might be dreaming here but I'd love to see a Saturday Maskwa market take place at the club for people looking to get homemade bread, vegetables and fruit and much more.

I have to add that behind the scenes, with the help of Ian Wood, who has been working long volunteer hours to put together our new on-line registration process, I feel confident that this year's registration system will be much more user-friendly. We are in the testing phase at the moment but our goal is to have it up by the first of April. I'm already averaging ten inquiries a week about our summer program and recreational day camp program so that's a good thing.

The road way and 2nd parking lot is icy once again but I've got a small order of gravel coming to be spread later today so the soccer children hopefully won't be slipping and sliding down the driveway.

Don't forget if you want to order your new Maskwa track suit to email me at manager.maskwa@gmail.com or call me at 443-0178 ext: 221 if you'd like to arrange a specific time to come in and try them on.

Enjoy your day. I'm hoping when I roll up the rim to my Tim's cup it's not play again.