Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Registration Soon and Judo at Maskwa

It’s another rainy day and honestly, I’m not complaining. Rain is a hundred times better than snow. I’m so happy to see the beginning of green grass and fingers crossed the flower beds that Wendy Haley planted last summer will peek through. I should point out that last week when I popped down around suppertime a deer was eating something in the flower bed but it took off before my van got close.

I am getting lots of email and calls concerning registration and would ask you to check back at our website this week. Our goal is to have it go on-line this week and again a huge thank you to Ian Wood who has worked tirelessly to get our new system created and working. You will still have to pay by cheque or cash but trust me the new on-line system makes registering much more user friendly.

Many of you already know that the ATC Judo club is now calling Maskwa’s gym home, but I wanted to share a call this morning I had from a parent. Her son is participating in the Judo club and after checking out our facility he is very keen to try his hand at paddling. This is exactly what we were hoping for – crossover when sport groups work together. On that note, I had asked Sean Goulding with ATC Judo what they offer. Below is the list of programs.

The ATC programs are primarily based on age.
Mondays and Wednesdays 6:30pm-7:30pm = Children aged 5-8 years with lots of fun games and basic Judo

Mondays and Wednesday 7:30pm-9pm = Seniors and Competitive U17+ Judo

Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:30pm-7:30pm = Juniors 9-14 years for Judo

Kick Boxing Tuesday/Friday at 5:30pm

Self Defense – Half day and full-day courses offered throughout the year and by request. Private lessons available as well.

Okay, have to say I’m totally eyeing the Kick Boxing, now if only I can get rid of some of my children’s evening sport lessons so I myself can enjoy myself. Maybe once the summer hits I will have more evening time for myself (okay, I’m laughing as I write this, but that’s the joy of children, right).