Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hot at Maskwa Today


It's a hot sunny day here at Maskwa. Today Jennifer Spalding, who runs the Maskwa Canteen is prepping for the final cooking class for children. It's a take home Maskwa Picnic - the children will learn how to prepare 2 different types of salads, and wraps to feed a family of 5 all for $20. I, of course, signed up my daughter so I get to cross cooking off my list for supper tonight.

I wanted to highlight a few things:
This week is the last week of paddling/swimming/Kiddie Kayak lessons at Maskwa.

All week it's Open Dock at Maskwa and the children will also be doing a hike today, scavenger hunt tomorrow and on Friday we're planning a special Movie Afternoon inside Heritage Hall - this is a free event.

The Adventure Recreational Day Camp ends on September 2, 2011

Lifeguards next week are only on duty from 12noon-5pm.

In early September I will be emailing a survey to all members looking for feedback.

The end of year Maskwa banquet is scheduled for Sunday, September 18 from 2pm-5pm at the club and this year we're going to have a BBQ. More details including pricing etc and how the awards ceremony will go this year will follow soon.