Thursday, July 8, 2010

BBQ tomorrow and Need for Volunteers for Bantam Regatta

This Friday is our 1st Maskwa BBQ. Also a reminder that all pre-order forms are due Friday by 3pm.

Hot dogs $1.50
Hamburger $2.50
Cheeseburger $2.75
Pop/water $1.00

My need for volunteers for the upcoming Bantam Regatta, Sat., July 17 continues to grow.
I need at least 6 people to help set up and deal with traffic, parking etc.
I need 10 volunteers for safety and official boats - 7 of which need to have boat operators license.
I need a further 4 people to help set up the BBQ and cook.
I need lots of donated items from each paddling group - water, pop, candy, treats for the canteen, sandwiches and salads for the officials.
I also need a parent volunteer to help in the Canteen - there will also be 2 staff members to help.

On another note - we need volunteers to help build bike racks. This is a big issue and it would be great to encourage the kids to bike and have a safe place for them to lock up. If you can help please email me.

And take a look at our new playground set - a picture of it has been posted on the old club house by the clock. We need to raise $1,000 to cover the costs of this and will need volunteers to help dismantle and set it up but all I have to say is, it's about time! The children will love it. If you want to donate any funds would be greatly appreciated.

We still are searching for a van/SUV/pickup truck with a trailer hitch for this coming Sat's regatta in Windsor. We can drive it if you can donate it and we'll cover cost of gas and time used. This is an urgent matter. Call me at 443-0178 ext: 221 if you can help. We would need it Friday night to load the boat trailer to it.

Thanks so much.