Thursday, July 22, 2010

A wet day but fun is planned

Well this is only day two of rain for us here at Maskwa and I think that's a record. I know last year I shivered under the blue tarp, soaking wet many days so it's so nice now for members to have a place to come in and keep dry. We also have a new addition in the club house - an air hockey table that was donated by Tim and Deanna Jenkins and rumor has it that a pin-pong table will soon be residing here with us also - a huge thanks to everyone for donating these items. Trust me they are a hit with the children and since I can hear every single word said in the hall their enthusiasm just cracks me up.

We have decided to postpone our Spa Day today and will reschedule it for this coming Monday, July 26 @ 2pm during our Afternoon Parent Tea - can you tell we're trying to lure people in. The cost is $10 and the money will help fund our playground.

And mark this coming Tuesday, July 20 @11am-1pm as Pancake Day. The cost is $4/per plate and you get pancakes, slice of watermelon and a juice pak. Join us in Heritage Hall for this event. If you want to help out (have a skillet etc) it would be greatly appreciated.

And speaking of playgrounds - we're looking to host a work crew party on Friday, July 30 from 6pm-8pm to get started on putting the pieces of the playground together. Please email me at manager.maskwa@gmail to let me know if you can help. We need muscles, tools and people who know what they are doing - that does not include me or my hubby, but I will be around that night to lend support in other ways (like treating you to coffee and donuts).

That Friday night will be busy as we're hosting our first "Teen Fright Movie Night" inside Heritage Hall starting at 8:30pm-11pm. Tickets are $7/includes movie, pop and popcorn or $5/ticket and you can pay what you want that night.

So I'm in desperate need of a few things to make this movie night a reality.
I've got a DVD player but I'm looking for a LCD projector and speakers - we can project it onto the blank wall. Throwing this out there but if anyone has one of those old fashion popcorn makers that would be great also. The teens are sooooo excited about this that yesterday afternoon they made up posters to highlight it - very cute.

And that got the teens thinking - dangerous I know (lol). They are going to start taking pictures of members because on Thursday, Aug 12 @2pm we're going to create our very own Maskwa Yearbook/scrapebook which will be left here in the club for future members to look at. We want as many people as possible to join us to write a comment, add their name, place their mug shots in it. I think this is a great idea and I'm thrilled they are so excited about it.

I think that's it for now. Oh, sorry one more thing. If anyone has a baby changing table we could put it in the ladies washroom for parents with young children. Thanks so much