Monday, August 16, 2010

Fun Day this Friday and lots of new stuff


Maskwa hosted its first large event on Friday night and all went well. I had to miss the event because I have no social life, unless it involves carting my kids around (lol), but I did drive by twice and I have to say the place looked great. I was also pleased at how well cleaned up the place/grounds were and that was very thoughtful.

This morning as the paddlers moved back the furniture from the gym room to the hall I noticed something funny....it's a ping-pong table!!! I have to say thanks so much for whoever donated it. I'm going to move it over from the gym to the hall for the kids.

A special thanks to Kathryn Arab (www.purefreedomyog.com) for donating her time all summer to offer adult and kid yoga classes. This was part of a fundraiser toward the playground and so far we raised about $120 from yoga. Yoga will take place for adults Wednesday, 10am-11am for $10/per person and Thursday $5 for children (aged 4-10yrs) from 1:30pm-2:15pm. This is our last week of our yoga program. Kathryn has agreed to be our Yoga Instructor for when yoga parties are booked at the club - so again, thanks Kathryn.

This Thursday starting at 5pm-7pm is our Corn Boil/ BBQ. It's $5/plate or $20/per family. If you are willing to help set up our new playground equipment it's a free meal!!! Talk about sweat equity. Thanks so much to Shawn McQuade for sanding the equipment down to remove the rust and for repainting it. Thanks also to Krista and Jafna Cox for helping with the paint job!

This Friday is FUN DAY - starts 10am-2pm. Boston Pizza, one of our sponsors, has graciously agreed to provide pizza for kids that day and they will be bringing along their mascot. Chad and I are still working out the events but they will probably consist of the usual, paddling races, foot races, strength testing, pie tossing, grease the hog (how could I forget that one) and of course the candy toss.

This Sunday, Aug. 22 Maskwa will be hosting it's First Junior Lifeguarding Competition. Registration is $10 and it will be lots of fun. Again we need volunteers to help at the canteen, etc.

I think that's it for now, but please email me at manager.maskwas@gmail.com if you're able to help with Thursday's work crew party & BBQ