Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Great Weather - 2nd Spa Day Today





(some pics of our very successful Pancake Day - come and join us for our 2nd day of pancakes on Aug 10).

Talk about nice weather. This has been an amazing sunny summer for us all at Maskwa and it just keeps getting better. I have to tell you we hosted our first Teen Fright Movie Night on Friday and twenty teens turned out for the event which was great. Our popcorn machine blub blew up on me (yes it really did) and I had my head buried in my laptop as I tried to ignore the movie - really not into horror and I have an over active imagination anyway so seeing it play out doesn't help. Special thanks to Sean Gibson for helping chaperon and we raised $113 for Nationals!

Today is our 2nd Spa Day starting at 3pm in Heritage Hall - again thanks to Mary Negulic for organizing this. The price is $10/per person for a pedicure. Mary is also the queen of scrapbooking and she has taken the time to put together a few pictures from our last Spa Day and our 1st Pancake Day - I've posted them to the windows of Heritage Hall.

We are going to hold our 1st Cake Walk on Monday, Aug 9th from 3-4pm. It's a loonie for a walk. I am looking for volunteers to bake cakes or buy them - we need 15 cakes to make this successful (I'm baking a chocolate one and it had better not come home with me).

Tuesday, Aug 10th - the ladies are going to host our 2nd Pancake Brunch - yes! This time we're doing a kid's plate for $3 (watermelon slice, 2 pancakes and juice pak) and $4 for a teen/adult plate which will have 3 pancakes on it.

Thursday, Aug 12 - 2pm-4pm in Heritage Hall - is our Scrapbooking event - send in your pictures to manager.maskwa@gmail.com by the 10th so we can get them printed and then join us on Thursday to create the first Maskwa yearbook. Don't miss out on getting your mug in the book!

We're also working on setting a work crew party to get our playground equipment up for the kids to use. I will post a separate note when and where and we really will need muscle power and people who know how to use tools to get this put up by end of Aug.

A reminder that there is no BBQ this week.

That's it for now folks.