Friday, August 27, 2010

More Fundraisers in the Works

The week is almost over and I am soon hitting the road for our family camping trip but I have to say again how wonderful working here is. The other night a Maskwa member, Rick Davis, emailed me his idea about one, showcasing Maskwa photos and raising money for the new War Canoe campaign - talk about a great idea. I want everyone to check out this site www.redgrafx.smugmug.com. We will be adding more pics to it next week so there will be a lot more photos up to buy. I checked it out and bought one pic plus a digital pic of my son and $4 went to Maskwa. I love it when people get excited about raising money to make our club a better place for everyone. This is just one idea.

This morning Mary Negulic and I had a conversation about creating a Maskwa 2011 calendar and yes, you guessed it that's in the works. It's also going to be created so you can pick a pic (if we have it or if you have it) of your child/children and add it specific to their birthday month for an extra free. Again, people are coming forward with such great ideas I want to shout a yes!!! to everyone.

I also have to say a special thanks to my sister Cheryl Pace, who has been providing the cinnamon buns and blueberry buns all summer as the caterer for the club. Yesterday she made the most delicious 'thank you' cake for our volunteer appreciation tea that I swear to the heavens it melted in my mouth! Please check out her website at www.sweetsmilescatering.com.

I hope to see many of you next week. A reminder the canteen is closed for the season by end of today and our lifeguards are on duty until Sept 6 from 12pm-5pm. Enjoy.